If your document is for use overseas then it needs to comply with the laws of that country.
My advice is to research as much as possible what form is needed for the overseas country. That way, when you attend before the notary you are clear what is needed from the notarial function in Australia.
If your matter does not warrant use of a notary or lawyer overseas to manage the matter then I recommend contacting the relevant embassy or consulate and asking them for guidance on how to get your document for that country. An example of this is for a Power of Attorney for use in India.