The answer is “It depends” There is one argument that if the notary simply identifies you and makes it clear that he or she does not understand the language and is just performing the notarial witnessing function, then the notary can perform this role. This may be acceptable to the recipient. But it may not be what the recipient is looking for. Please call us to discuss the facts and circumstances for your matter so we can advise you on what is needed.
Notary last articles
- Electronic documents
- Power of Attorney Documents for India (Real Estate, Legal, Divorce, Banking)
- Academic Transcripts – please note
- How to fill in the DFAT Form
- Name on India Passport different to licence
- You need an appointment at DFAT for Apostille or Authentication
- Which is cheaper: Fly back home or see the Notary?
- Good preparation saves money
- Can a notary issue an “Apostille”?
- Make an appointment with the Notary
- Watch your signature!
- Be wary of notaries being too cheap
- Don’t get caught out with witnesses
- Things to know about Apostilles
- How to know what a notary should be charging you
- Notary Clients wasted money – check your overseas documents
- My document is in a foreign language, can I sign it in front of a notary?
- Can I use a JP instead of a notary?
- CHECK YOUR FORMS
- The biggest mistake you can make before seeing a notary